POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using a height_field for a CSG difference ... : Using a height_field for a CSG difference ... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Using a height_field for a CSG difference ...
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 1 Feb 2005 20:32:47
Message: <42002dbf$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,
I wanted to subtract from an object an "indentation" of a complex shape.
Reading about CSGs and difference, it clearly stated that only solid objects
that have clearly defined insides and outsides could be used.  Looking at
the manual, it seems to say that height_fields are solid objects.

Can anyone confirm or deny that a height_field can be used as an object that
I can remove from another using a CSG difference?

Neil